Job Title: C# and ASP.NET Web Developer
AdverGroup is a local web design firm based in Buffalo Grove, IL (suburb of Chicago), we are seeking a freelance C# and ASP.NET (backend) website developer to add to our eCommerce Web Development team.
This is a remote, part-time position. Work will be delegated on a per project “contract” basis.
We are only interested in working with individuals who are based in the United States of America. We do not outsource our work to offshore web development companies.
The individual selected to work with our group, will deliver web-based solutions using the Microsoft .NET Framework and must possess experience in coding webpages in C#. The selected candidate will also be responsible for improving code quality and infrastructure for existing websites that were built using C#, .NET.
Therefore, this position requires strong proficiency in .NET technologies and website architecture in a highly collaborative, exciting, and fast paced environment. The web developer selected for this position will collaborate closely with project managers, testers and other developers to design, test, code, deliver and support software on Windows servers.
C#, .NET WEB DEVELOPER DUTIES
- Design and develop business website functionality using C# and .NET
- Improving ASP.net website code quality and infrastructure for existing websites.
- Implement good best management practices, security, coding standards, architecture patterns, and documentation practices when developing in C# and .NET.
- Work across all phases of the backend software development cycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment, operations and support).
- Experience with front-end design needs and coding in CSS and HTML.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently while promoting a strong sense of teamwork.
- Optimize website speed / basic knowledge of SEO guidelines to ensure effective development of .aspx webpages.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and communicate technical code issues and ability to determine potential solutions and convey solution feasibility.
- Manage multiple projects and work independently without supervision at times.
- Ability to provide samples of recent work exhibiting your abilities.
- 4+ years of .NET web development with a preferred focus on retail eCommerce solutions.
- 4+ years with relational databases.
- Experience with SQLServer and NoSQL Databases.
- jQuery development experience.
- Experience with Blazor and Xamarin/Mono, both are features of ASP.NET, that extend the .NET developer.
- Practical understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns in a web-based environment.
- Must possess exceptional analytical skills to debug complex coding problems in various languages and on various platforms.
Strong written and verbal communication skills with Project Managers, Clients and other 3rd Party Developers.