Website Design Client: Forest Park Bakery
Location: Forest Park, IL 60130
This local bakery owner and donut shop recently bought his second bakery and knew that he needed to rebrand his business. In doing so, he knew that he was going to need a new website for his bakery. He also knew this new website needed to be able sell products and deal with the unique needs of a bakery including prep time requirements, minimum quantity settings per category, and more. When searching for the best bakery website design companies he found AdverGroup and was impressed with the other bakery websites that we had designed. He was also happy to hear that we included professional food photography which would help him in exhibiting his fresh bakery items.
Beyond developing this new bakery website for Forest Park Bakery, we also managed export of their products from their existing POS inventory system, into a data format that we could manipulate and prepare for import into this new eCommerce Bakery website.
Their new bakery website design had many custom features and components included:
eCommerce Features & Function Abilities Delivered:
- Product Options and Variants for eCommerce Bakery Products: Being a bakery, you could imagine the many product options that could be possible with these food products. Custom options implemented in this project were: cake sizes, cake flavors, icing flavors, custom name inscriptions, cello bag wrapping and more. Even more complicating these options needed to be applied to individual products and/or collections and in some cases were required to change the final product price by adding additional costs for options..
- Pick-Up Locations Configured for Shopify eCommerce: This local bakery has 2 locations and 95% of their products are for pick-up only. They needed this to be very clear to their shoppers while ensuring a smooth check out process.
- "Call for Price" or "Get a Quote" for Shopify eCommerce: This bakery also produces super custom cakes for weddings and all occasions. While they wanted to exhibit these many cake styles on their website, pricing is always custom. So they needed to the ability to designate certain products to show "Call for Price" or "Get a Quote" rather than pricing.
- Product date restrictions for Seasonal eCommerce Products: We coded and configured this client's Shopify store to allow the client to set product availability based on dates. This allowed the client to display products in their store, but making them available only to add to cart between certain dates.
- Product Quantity Restrictions: Limits can be set on: Total dollar value in cart, Total number of items in cart, Number of individual items, Number of items for a specific product, Number of items within a group of products, Multiples of items in a product group (ie; 6 bottles in a case) Limits based on customer tag such as wholesale, Total weight of items in the cart.
- Tax overrides configured for Shopify eCommerce: Shopify for taxes as part of their PCI compliance configuration and in effort to make configurations easy for clients. But what about when you have a food product that only collects 1.75% rather than the tax percentages forced by Shopify? The solution is to configure custom tax overrides in Shopify.
- "Amazon Style" Filter for eCommerce Products: When you have almost 3,000 products in your eCommerce store you need an easy way to navigate through the store. As a local Shopify expert we are have experience configuring your stores inventory properly, ensuring products are tagged intelligently so that your many product types, flavors and product uses are tagged in your products and configured in your filter app to ensure a pleasing user experience for customers who frequent your online store.
- Coupons and Discounts: Configured coupons and discounts in the Shopify eCommerce Platform.
- Custom Preparation Time for eCommerce Products: This Bakery's process required "preparation time" to be noted and pick-up dates to be restricted dependent upon preparation time set for specific products and dates.
- Custom Email Notifications to Customers and Administrators: This client required their very custom eCommerce website to provide specific details on their invoices and emails to customers and administrators. We custom coded their eCommerce invoices and email notifications to include all the information relative to their specific: pick-up locations, pick-up date, pick-up time, discounts and more.
Additional Tasks Accomplished in this Custom Shopify eCommerce Website Project for Local Bakery in Deerfield & Buffalo Grove:
- Product Migration and/or Implementation: Migration of clients pre-existing inventory into the Shopify eCommerce Software. Over 3,000 products! This migration of products allowed the client the ability to enhance their products during the new import. As none of the pre-existing inventory had SEO metadata, the new content was all coded properly to achieve intelligent page titles and descriptions which are now in harmony with the product's forward facing description.
- Content Migration: Website included migration of other website pages and content into Shopify, also now coded to include proper metadata for search engine optimization.
- Image Formatting and Optimization: AdverGroup rescued all product images from the clients pre-existing website server and resized and formatted these images for optimal performance on the new eCommerce website.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Not only did we correct all their non-existing or poor metadata on their homepage and webpages, we also produced Search Optimized Blog Content and SEO Blog Configuration plus SEO Optimized Content Creation for Bakery blog.
- Shopify eCommerce Training: Includes ongoing training relative to updating products, content and homepage.
- Recreation of client's Favicon.
- Included configuration of Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools.
This project also included professional product photography and formatting of images for use on this new eCommerce website:
The project also included video capture of this local bakeries fresh baked products.
Contact AdverGroup today for assistance in achieving a professional Shopify eCommerce website design. Shopify eCommerce websites developed by AdverGroup will help your eCommerce business grow. Beyond being a local Shopify expert, we are also experts in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). We provide professional search engine optimized "eCommerce" websites that are built with the intention to conquer search engines. We are considered among the best Shopify website developers in the Chicago area because we offer complete packages that include training that helps our Shopify clients keep their eCommerce websites active and prominent on search engine result pages.